Ride Handsome is excited to be the first and only seller of
Ninja Mount action camera mounts in North America!
I’ve been using action cameras for years to record my adventures on mountain bikes, dirt jumpers and motocross. Anyone with experience knows the struggle between where/ how to mount the camera while still getting to get a good angle that shows the action, the bike and the trail ahead of you.
Many professional downhill racers have been using Ninja Mount since they were first released. The camera stays safely out of your field of vision while capturing your footage at a great angle.
For viewers of your videos to understand fully the steepness of hills, size of jumps or how hard you’re riding, it is important to have some of your bike visible. Whether it be your bars or your front fender or wheel. It makes a huge difference in understanding what kind of action is going on as well as giving proper perspective.
Advantages of Ninja Mount
- Free sight: No visor in the way. The screw allows you to adjust the angle so you can define the field of view precisely.
- Great look: Installing the cam under the visor looks much better than wearing it on top of the helmet. #RideNinja, don’t #RideTeletubby.
- Better feeling: Low center of gravity, so that the cam doesn’t disturb your head movement.
- Protect your cam: The action cam is mounted safely and is protected against dirt, tree strikes and crashes.
- Removable: You can dismount it any time – in contrast to adhesive pads!
Compatible Action Cams
Ninja Mount works with all action cam standard housings, for example:
- GoPro Hero / Hero3 / Hero4 / Hero5 / Hero6 / Session / Session5
- Garmin VIRB Ultra 30 / VIRB XE
- Rollei 430 / 425 / 415 / 300 PLUS
- Xiaomi Yi / 4K
Sony unfortunately not!
Action cameras mounted to the top of the helmet get decent footage but tend to lack in giving good depth perception and tend not to give good perspective to the action that is taking place.
The side mount gives better perspective than top mount but leaves the camera hanging out exposed and looks a little odd with a full size action cam.
The chin mount gives a good angle, similar to Ninja Mount but they tend to cost more plus theres a lot of gear on the front of your helmet.
Ninja Mount allows you to mount the camera at near eye level, giving your footage and angle that is closer matches your point-of-view. It also captures some of your handlebars and front wheel/ fender which helps the viewer see the obstacles you are riding across. This eliminates the floating effect you tend to get with top mount cameras which tend to make it look like you are floating smoothly rather than blasting over rocky trails etc.
Crash test analysis is in..
Ninja Mount even holds up to crashes! Depending on the crash of course 😉
Shown with a Lupine Headlamp
For helmets WITH a middle visor screw
You can easily install Ninja Mount with the included screw on the following helmet types which have a screw thread under the visor:
Confirmed to Fit:
- Ride100% Aircraft / Status
- Fox Rampage Pro / Comp / V1 / V2 / V3
- Troy Lee Designs D2 / D3 / SE3
- ONEAL Blade
- IXS XULT / XACT / Phobos / METIS
- POC Cortex
- Specialized Dissident
- 661 Comp
- Fly Racing WERX / DEFAULT
- Kali Shiva / Avatar X
- TSG Squad
- Bell Sanction
- SHRED BRAIN BOX NOSHOCK
- Leatt DBX 5.0 / DBX 6.0
- Kenny Scrub
For helmets WITHOUT a middle visor screw
The following helmets don’t have a screw thread under the visor. Just take the version of Ninja Mount with an adhesive pad and a mounting buckle (both included in the big pack version) to install Ninja Mount. Even if you can’t use the fancy solution with the screw, Ninja Mount still has one big advantage for you: The special pivot arm (bended form) allows you to use the standard housing of your action cam.
Confirmed to Fit:
- ONEAL Backflip / Fury / Spark / Warp / 2SERIES – 10SERIES / MOTO XXX / SIERRA
- Bell Full-9 / Transfer-9 / Super / Super DH
- Urge Down-o-matic
- Bluegrass Brave
- TSG Advance
- Leatt DBX 3.0 Enduro
- POC Coron
- Giro Switchblade
- 661 Reset